Associate Scientist I – Cell Line Engineering
Incendia Therapeutics is a precision oncology company dedicated to reprogramming the tumor microenvironment with the express intent of bringing recalcitrant cancers into submission. We recognize that cancer cells create a hostile microenvironment to privilege their own survival at the expense of the host tissue. Incendia’s approach is to attack the structural and biochemical underpinnings of this tumor microenvironment to enable host immune cells and Immuno-oncology therapeutics to reach their target.
Incendia is currently running a phase 1 clinical trial evaluating the safety, biologic, and clinical impact of PRTH-101 alone and in combination with PD-1 inhibition (NCT05753722).
Our mission was created to serve cancer patients who are the most in need of novel therapeutics. Everything we do is guided by caring for and doing the right thing for those patients.
We are seeking a self-motivated individual who desires to have a direct impact on the science within our early stage, fast-paced, and dynamic biotech. The candidate will gain hands-on experience within a particular area of interest in an early-stage drug discovery environment. You will closely work with a Senior Scientist who will mentor you on your projects, as well as expose you to other drug discovery projects. You will collaborate with a team of scientists to engineer and optimize mammalian cell lines for various applications, including in vitro assays, in vivo studies, and antibody discovery efforts.
- Cell Culture: Maintain and expand mammalian cell cultures, ensuring proper growth conditions and optimal cell health.
- Molecular Biology Techniques: Perform molecular biology techniques such as transfections, CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing, and cell line characterization.
- Cell Biology Techniques: Support and perform protein-based analytic assays (including western-blot, FACS and ELISA), support cell line characterization and selection.
- Data Analysis: Analyze and interpret experimental data, document results accurately, and maintain detailed laboratory records.
- Collaboration: Work closely with cross-functional teams to achieve project goals and contribute to experimental design and planning. Generate data for multiple project teams. Demonstrate clear and professional verbal and written communication.
Requirements & Qualifications
- B.S. or M.S. in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, or a related field
- Strong theoretical knowledge of cell biology and molecular biology concepts
- Laboratory experience with cell culture, molecular biology, and cell line development is preferred
- Proficiency in aseptic techniques and a strong understanding of laboratory safety
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multitask
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative team player with a willingness to learn and adapt to new techniques and technologies
- Authorization to work in the United States
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Opportunity for professional development and career advancement
- A supportive and innovative work environment
- Access to cutting-edge technology and research tools
Please send your application to email@example.com
Please include a response to one of these questions below to be considered!
Who helped you get where you are today?
What is your most significant accomplishment? (work or life)
What comes first, urgent, or important?
If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be and why?