Associate Scientist, Translational Biology
Incendia Therapeutics is a precision oncology company dedicated to reprogramming the tumor microenvironment with the express intent of bringing recalcitrant cancers into submission. We recognize that cancer cells create a hostile microenvironment to privilege their own survival at the expense of the host tissue. Incendia’s approach is to attack the structural and biochemical underpinnings of this tumor microenvironment to enable host immune cells and Immuno-oncology therapeutics to reach their target.
Incendia is currently running a phase 1 clinical trial evaluating the safety, biologic, and clinical impact of PRTH-101 alone and in combination with PD-1 inhibition (NCT05753722). Our mission was created to serve cancer patients who are the most in need of novel therapeutics. Everything we do is guided by caring for and doing the right thing for those patients.
We are seeking a self-motivated individual who desires to have a direct impact on the science and drug development within our clinical stage, fast-paced, and dynamic biotech. The candidate will have extensive hands-on experience with cellular tumor biology assays and a basic understanding of clinical pharmacology, as well as an abiding interest in drug development. The associate scientist in this position is expected to develop and/or deploy state-of-the-art cellular assays and ex vivo models to validate biomarkers for therapeutic targets, perform detailed mechanism of action studies internally and with external partners, and provide translational biology support to programs as they enter and move through clinical development, including testing of in vivo model and clinical trial samples. This candidate will have the opportunity to design and execute non-routine experiments with a high level of autonomy and minimal supervision, with the potential for advancement into project leadership roles.
- Perform translational assays to test hypotheses for target validation and mechanism of action of therapeutics by applying molecular and cell biology techniques. Relevant assays include, ELISAs, MSD, Westerns, immunofluorescence, live-cell imaging, cell-binding, and DNA cloning.
- Culture and engineer cells for in vitro and in vivo studies.
- Contribute to in vivo pharmacology efforts to determine efficacy, pharmacodynamic effects, and pharmacokinetics of drug candidates internally and in collaboration with CROs and external stakeholders.
- Processing and assaying human clinical and mouse samples using immuno and cellular biology assay techniques.
- Analyze, interpret, and document study results using Excel and Prism; contribute to regulatory and IP filings as needed.
- Demonstrate clear and professional verbal and written communication.
- Collaborate closely with other teams within the organization.
- B.S/B.A in life sciences (immunology preferred, or oncology, cell biology, or a related discipline) with 3 years laboratory research experience minimum. Industry experience is preferred.
- Proficiency in molecular and cellular biology assay development and utilization, and cell culture is a must. Biomarker assay development preferred.
- Extensive experience in developing and executing cell signaling and cell based functional assays utilizing a variety of technical approaches including immunoblot analysis, immunoprecipitation and affinity capture, ELISA, MSD, flow cytometry, and qPCR.
- Experience handling and processing human and mouse samples such as whole blood, serum, FFPE, and fresh frozen tissue.
- Independent, self-motivated, and innovative with the ability to excel in a goal-oriented, nimble, and fast-moving team environment.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to design and execute experiments, interpret results, effectively troubleshoot as needed, and properly record experimental data in an electronic laboratory notebook in a highly organized manner.
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Opportunity for professional development and career advancement
- A supportive and innovative work environment
- Access to cutting-edge technology and research tools
Please send your application to email@example.com
Please include a response to one of these questions below to be considered!
Who helped you get where you are today?
What is your most significant accomplishment? (work or life)
What comes first, urgent, or important?
If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be and why?